Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Simply Six: Mike Petrone

Mike Petrone is a hip hop artist from Atlanta.

1. For many artists, they cite a defining moment for themselves when they knew they wanted to be a singer.  For many it was the appearance of Elvis on the Ed Sullivan show, to another generation it was the Beatles’ appearance on Sullivan half a decade later.  Is there such a defining moment for you?

There was. It was the Night I first saw "The Lyricist Lounge Show". Artists like Wordsworth and Punchline and the way they would put words together and make them flow so smooth. Freestyling off the top of the head, I was captivated. I wrote my first rap that same night and I haven't stopped since!

2. When you’re not creating music what are you listening to?  Who are some of your favorites?

My Genres of Music vary a lot. Im a huge Blues Fan. I love the Blues. Everything from Robert Johnson to Chris Thomas KingJimi Hendrix and Led ZeppelinBob Marley, Matisyahu, Reel Big FishOutkast and Eminem

3. What would you say is your greatest moment so far as an artist, either on record or live?

I would have to say the Biggest Accomplishment for me as an artist so far is the release of my debut album "The Last Hundred Yards" available now on Itunes and CDBABY.com

4.  Do you believe music can change the world or is just something to listen to?   How much can music influence current events?

I definitley believe music can change the world. Its a form of art, expression, communication. Ive learned a lot about other places, language and people just through their music alone. Right now I'm currently working on starting my own non-profit organization for underprivileged kids and children with disabilities and I'm working on a song just for the foundation. All the profits from the song will go to the foundation. Music can change peoples Lives and If it can changes peoples lives it can change the world!

5. How has technology affected the music industry?  How has technology affected your career as a musician?

Technology has Changed the entire music industry. The way we sell music, buy music, record music, the way we listen to music. Its done more things to the industry then imaginable. I listen to records from back in the early 1900 and the way we record and listen to music now was un-imaginable back then. Its helped out both good and bad. It gives people who aren't talented or real musicians an excuse to be one and it gives people a way to reach the world without having to leave there home!

6.  Now for my Barbara Walters question:  If you were a pair of shoes what type of shoes would you be?

I love Nike's but my everyday shoe is New Balance so I'd have to say New Balance! But I could care less about shoes. I'd rather be a New Era Fitted!


1 comment:

Chelsea said...

i love mike's music. :) hes a greaaaat artist. his voice gives me goose bumps ;)