Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Simply Six: Alyssa James

Alyssa James is a singer/songwriter from California.


1. For many artists, they cite a defining moment for themselves when they knew they wanted to be a singer.  For many it was the appearance of Elvis on the Ed Sullivan show, to another generation it was the Beatles’ appearance on Sullivan half a decade later.  Is there 
such No. Music was part of me always-something Ive always heard internally and externally. Its been many moments where Im lost
in song or I get lost in a piece of music that moves my heart and soul. However, seeing "Grease" the movie did send me into a frenzy. I would re-inact the entire show/film for anyone willing to watch!

2. When you’re not creating music what are you listening to?  Who are some of your favorites?  These days I'm hearing my own music and playing with it- but some of my favs are Simon and GarfunkelRemy ShandStan Getz and so many more 

3. What would you say is your greatest moment so far as an artist, either on record or live? Seeing a room full of people listening to me sing with their eyes closed. The moment when I become so connected to the music/musicians II'msinging with that I feel my soul come through the notes reaching heights vocally and spiritually weather it be in my house in rehearsal or on stage.

4.  Do you believe music can change the world or is just something to listen to?   How much can music influence current events? Music can change the world by changing the world within and that transcends.
 Music/a great song gives people the words they cant find for their feelings. John Lennons song "imagine" changed the world by giving people a voice- it healed many souls and became a uniting force. Music is a powerful medium and yes can most definatley inspire change.

5. How has technology affected the music industry? It has created independence for artists so they dont have to seek out others to believe in them or sign them to a deal now they can simply record themselves and release it. Its brought about a freedom in creativity.  How has technology affected your career as a musician? It has allowed me to record and release my music in my own time, and in all its various forms. 

6.  Now for my Barbara Walters question:  If you were a pair of shoes what type of shoes would you be? A simple sandal with a thick rubber soul soft and sopportive straps adorned with stones and turquoise



No comments: